New Girl

/
4 Comments
Today was a boring little Saturday; bad weather on the North Shore, Scott has been at school since 4:30 am working on their last version of the CFA Challenge paper (19 hours and counting for today), I have an inner ear infection so I can't get in the water, very tired.
So I was just reflecting on things that made me happy, and laugh, and fill time. I immediately thought of this episode of New Girl, "Menzies". It's an episode where the main character, Jessica, is on her period. And when it came out so was I! (TMI? Sorry guys). I was sooo emotional, and bloated, and angry, and hungry, and tired. Then me and Scott watched this episode and I laughed so hard I practically peed my pants. This clip is reality for me, it is literally how I felt. In fact, earlier that day I was so emotional I cried when that Rodney Atkin's song, "Cleaning My Gun" came on. (You know, the one where the dad says he will be waiting for the boy to bring his daughter back from the date because he will be up all night cleaning his gun). Full on tears. Whoa.
(P.S. Sorry for the poor quality video, it was the only one that showed the full section I was thinking of)



Chocolate. Coca Cola. Naps. Laying in the sunshine. Disney Movies. Pinterest. Organizing things. Retail therapy. Receiving massages. Being warm.

I just thought I would share a few things that made me happy, and that I can do with little money and on my own. Anyone got any more suggestions?


You may also like

4 comments:

  1. haha! This was a hilarious entry. Do you watch Modern Family too? There's one where all of the girls are "monsterating". It's hilarious.
    Anyhoo-
    Read Harry Potter and Calvin and Hobbes, make arts and crafts, invite your friends over and do girl-things, look up "Hyperboleandahalf" and "buttersafe" online... and be silly.

    Miss you! I'm jealous that you're in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you! Wish we were around more to hang out, sounds like you know how to have a good time. PS Arts and crafts and reading (especially Harry Potter) should definitely have been on my list, I love that stuff.
      And that episode of Modern Family. When all the girls are crying at the animal commercial. HAHAHA

      Delete
  2. Food...Food...and more food...unfortunately the only thing makes me feel better during that time. And usually the unhealthiest food I can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever Liz, you hipster. All you eat now is raw local honey! But yes, junk food is the way to go.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.