In my backyard

/
3 Comments
I think having a backyard is very important. Scott hates yard work so sometimes he jokes that we could just live in an apartment/condo forever. I know he is joking, because he wants to stay married to me. And backyards are absolutely irreplaceable for children.
Where else would you jump on the trampoline, practice gymnastics, play night games, have birthday parties, run through the sprinklers....? And backyards aren't just for recreation folks! They are for protection I tell you! Then your kids aren't out in the street all of the time, or in those awful front-yards, where they can have their ball roll into the road, or chase after a stranger with a puppy in their van, or get watched by creepers down the road pretending to read books.
That's also why I don't want to live in cities, because there are no backyards. And consequently, even more creepers (yes, creeper numbers fluctuate in direct negative correlation with backyards).
So while I have a backyard that is, literally, as big as the ocean, I am trying to enjoy it.
Last weeks we had an exceptionally sunny day so I went out to take pictures and read on the beach. These are by the best pictures of our backyard, so I had to post them!



Shadows of a palm tree couple- so cute!



This one is tots my favorite- look at those clouds! And the coloring. 






The water levels are soooo low this winter. The beach was actually FLAT. Usually the water is up to about 7 feet from these bushes. I could go behind our house and walk to the beach on all sand, no rocks- incredible!

Ignore the fact that I was obsessed with red lipstick this week. I also lost my chapstick and thought this would keep my lips from peeling in the sun. 
It did not. 






You may also like

3 comments:

  1. how do I follow you? you need a follow button :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so nice you want to follow me! I am really bad at this blogging stuff, I will work on getting a button.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.