Sushi Chefs

/
2 Comments
Sushi in Waikiki is AMAZING. Or so we hear. Scott is allergic to shellfish, I don't really eat fish (except Salmon), and sushi is expensive. So a few weeks ago me and Scottie decided to bring the experience home. That's right peeps, we made our own California rolls.
And everybody was kang-fu fighting.
Just kidding, no one was fighting, or singing. They were just really hungry, because the rice took so freaking long to make. 2 hours!
Do you know all of the things I could do in 2 hours?!
I could;
watch 2/3 of a Lord of the Rings movie.
Play a full game of Settlers of Catan.
Make and eat  a pork roast, mashed potatoes, and string beans.
Shower 6 times.
Take a decent nap.
Clean the house and do the laundry.
Drive around the entire island.
Go through a temple session.
Eat all the mushrooms I want (hahahaha- you see, this is funny, because it would take me .00001 seconds to eat them all- I hate mushrooms, they are fungus!).
Write a 5 page paper.
Go on a date with my husband.
Work for 1/4 of a day.
Sew a skirt.

Annnnyways. So, the rice took really long to cook. But after we were done with the rice we cooked a piece of Salmon. Then we rolled the rice, salmon, and avocado inside the seaweed with this nifty bamboo sheet (some had the rice on the outside too). And then we enjoyed!
Man it was soooo delicious.
Worth the 2-3 hours of cooking.


The Sushi-making station. Scott was really good at this- he was a sushi chef!



Here is the bamboo mat you roll things on. 

Here is me, holding up the mat, all rolled up with the sushi roll inside. 



Scottie, cutting up the sushi rolls. 

Cheers with our sushi!

Here is to our fun and adventurous cooking! The little things are fun, and every once in a while even non-adventurous me likes to do fun things!



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. I find it humorous that you are willing to make your own sushi...but eat alfredo from a jar...I highly suggest trying to make your own alfredo...you will never go back!! :) miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz we miss you guys!
    Also- home made sushi is cheaper than buying sushi, and home made alfredo is more expensive than buying alfredo. Take that logic! PS can I have your alfredo recipie?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.