New Years Eve

/
1 Comments
 We survived the end of the world! Or, so I am told. Those pesky Mayans were wroBng in their calculations, but with Obama winning the presidential election maybe not too far off ;). I'm joking, only joking. But I did get to celebrate my second New Years as a married woman, and my third with my love!
For New Years Eve it was a pretty cruddy day in Hawaii for weather. I worked all day, then we went out for Panda Express (even though the Chinese have their own crazy New Years Eve some other time of year), and then we went to a party at the Wardel's. The Wardel's are a family that are good friends with my brother Burke, and we have spent some great time with them at the beach and Thanksgivings. At their house there were probably 40 people, lots of little kids, great snacks, board games, movies, music, Wii, ect.
Basically gorged ourselves on junk food, played board games, and were very pooped by 12 am. We barely made it. Someone was thoughful enough to bring sparklers for the kiddos to play with, and at midnight I got a kiss from my sweetheart and we went in the yard to watch the illegal fireworks be set off from all over the valley (it echoes so badly some sounded like a gunshot going off next to you).
Saqoyah is here, looking so cute, wanting his own sparkler. Sorry pal!

Gia and Kevin playing with a sparkler!

How adorable is this? Gia and her little bro, Cedar, cuddling on the hammock. She even pet his head and sang him lullabies. So cute it made the baby hunger in me stir.
 
And here is the best pic of the night! Me and Scottie, starting off another New Year together. (PS I ADORE this shirt my mom got me for Christmas. She said it reminded her of me, and I was flattered)
I am so grateful for another year, a fresh clean slate to strive to do better. And I am so grateful that I got to start and end that New Year with the best person in the world, my best friend, my husband.
I hope that you all had a great begining as well, and may there be many more!



You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! So happy that wherever in the world you two travel you have family near. It is such a small world these days! Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.