Crouching Lion Hike

/
1 Comments
WARNING: Be prepared for lots and lots of pictures. First of all beacuse it was absolutely gorgeous, and second of all because shortly after these pictures I got Lightroom from Scott for my birthday (I know, I am sooo excited- and confused! How do I use this? So many options?!)

This is from November (I believe), when me, Scott, Sam and Glen Kavanagh. Crouching Lion is a rock formation that supposedly looks like a lion's head (I don't see it) above the Crouching Lion restaurant, and next to the bay by our house.
The bay by our house is behind us.

This is the opposite side of Crouching Lion hike, Ka'awa.

Me and Sam doing an 'Olympic Gymnastics' pose. We are Olympians because we finished the hike!

Look at that coloring!


Scott on the way up.

I LOVE this picture. So cute.

Scott sitting near the top.

Sam posing at the top.

Not sure what this finger means, but I love it.

Check out Glen's pose, so Abercrombie model.





This is a yoga pose. Warrior 2? Or something like that.

Scott hated this pose, thought I was going to fall off. Looking at it I can see why, but at the time I was high on endorphins from the hike.


Much safer.

Gorgeous boy, gorgeous view.


This is the part of the rock mountain that is supposed to be the lion's head. His mouth, I would think, which is why I am being eaten by the lion. Of course, you can clearly understand that just from looking at photo.



Here are Glen and Sam at the end of the hike. Such a good looking couple! They recently traded this paradise for the freezing cold of Utah. We sure miss them.



Loving the colors in this one.

 
This hike had some of the prettiest views I have seen, and it wasn't too long. Getting down was kind of a doozy because it was so slick, and there was nothing to hold onto= we basically slid on our butts half the way down. I loved being able to see the view so close to home and re-realize what a gorgeous place I live in.
I am so grateful to have lived this past year and a half here, and the closer it gets to us moving the sadder I feel. Every day is gorgeous and perfect, every view is perfect. I feel so much wide open space with the endless ocean and sky surrounding me. The mountains are folded like a rumpled quilt, the water is always turquoise, and everything is green, green, GREEN! Sorry to wax poetic here. I am just dreading the day we have to leave, and I seem to love it more everyday here. Like I always tell Scott "I could live here forever".



You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful people and photos and you are a little poetic!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.