Always greener on the other side...

/
4 Comments
Hello friends! So our gloomy doomy weather on the Windward has continued. Actually, most days are pretty nice, until exactly 3:00 pm when I get off of work, and until Saturday, when we get to go the beach. What the crap trade winds?! Why you gotta bring us clouds and wind? 
Actually, truth be told, two weekends ago it was fabulously sunny and warm on our side for once. But on Saturday we wanted to surf, so we headed towards the North Shore, but there was loooads of traffic.  So we decided to head the opposite way and drive until we saw a good beach. But everywhere else was cloudy and windy and cold. When we had finally driven to the opposite side of the island we realized that home was the only place with sunshine. So we headed back. But when we got back the clouds arrived with us! So we settled in for an afternoon watching shows and eating at home. We had asked for too much, we should have just stayed put at our house and soaked up the rays instead of searching for sunshine AND waves. You can't have it all, ya know? (says the girl that lives in Hawaii ;) )
We did stop at the Poly lookout on our 2 hour long joy ride. Don't be deceived- there were clouds over that ocean!







This weekend we went on a hike with some of Scott's young men, and then soaked up some rays at Wainae beach. These two boys that took us on the hike, Colton and Nathaniel, are so sweet! Colton has been coming to church with Nathaniel, and for the past week or so has been taking the missionary lessons at our house. In fact, last Wednesday I sat in on one of the lessons- my first ever! It is amazing how much I have learned in church that I didn't know when I was younger, and most of the time I feel like they are saying nothing new, but boy did I feel knowledgeable during that lesson. 

 Also, we faced one of my fears and I free climbed this! (Don't worry, it was only about 15 feet high, Scott had to squat to make it look this tall)

 We hiked through this ravine to a great view, and a bunker- those things are all over here! 


Nathaniel, Scottie, and Colton. 




 Can you believe that our little underwater camera took these pics?! I can't tell if the camera is even better than I remember, or if my photography/editing skills are improving? Both I hope! 

The boys decided that this last section of the hike had to be run. They are all running ahead. Like I was going to do that. HA!





 Moss covered trees, vines, gorgeous lighting, and tiny flowers. I was in heaven. As I told Scott, "This is where fairies live."




Only a few weeks left! :( 



You may also like

4 comments:

  1. You live the dream life! I wish I could make it out there before you leave. ... Do you leave right at the end of April? Is Scott a leader in the Young Men's?! It is crazy how old we are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we are flying back on April 22. Yeah Scottie is the priest's activity leader. I feel like I am the same age as all of them, not the old lady of their leader's! PS Laur, you are such a faithful blog follower. Always commenting so nicely, if I was one of those pro bloggers that did giveaways and stuff you would totally win!

      Delete
  2. So fun to get an update with beautiful photos. I am enjoying every last one, It is so dang pretty where you live. And sister, I really relate to your unfortunate cloud incident especially with evil 80 degree wind. LOL! wait, i think I hear violins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know we are so spoiled. Hey Lis, were is your blog? You need to get in on the craze! Me, Emily, Katie, and Janeese all have one. Peer pressure! I would love to hear stories! ( or you could just get Katie to post on hers..)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.