Family Reunion

/
1 Comments
We had a tiny little family reunion in April!
Three siblings on one island- me (Kelsey), Burke, and Tait!
Tait and Liz left their two little girls with family and came out for their first vacation in years. We loved having family in town, and it was probably the most time we have spent with Tait and Liz ever. 
This is a picture of Dog the Bounty Hunter's house. Dwain, his first name, lives in Hawaii Kai and this is a picture of his gate. The car in front of it is Baby Lisa's, whom we saw and talked to! (Yes I am just repeating these names because Liz knew them all, don't judge me)


These two pictures are of Keneke's in Kaneohe. Liz fell in love with their shave ice. Yes, we have been corrected from calling it 'shaved ice', and never EVER call them snow cones. Because snow cones are those low class ice chunks you can buy in Utah, but Hawaii specializes in shave ice. Apparently. 

Here are some pictures of Liz and Burke out on the kayak at Cockroach Bay. Tait and Liz wanted to do alot of sun bathing, but sometimes we coaxed them into the water. Because we are islanders, and they are just haulies (Hawaiian for white people for all you main landers)







This is actually my first picture of the Laie temple I have taken since we have been here! I took it as we were driving, so I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out. 


  

We showed Tait and Liz all of the great sites of Oahu. Including; Sandy's Beach, Cockroach Bay, Pounder's Beach, Waimea Bay, Chun's Beach, Waikiki Beach, country dancing (I know, where are those pictures you are thinking?!) and of course Kahuku Grill (featured above).



Below is a series of pictures where Tait is doing a front flip off of Waimea Rock into a perfect dive! He was on the dive team in high school. 




And here is a somewhat less intense jump series by Liz! 






Anyways, this was alot of pictures and not alot of words but pictures are worth a thousand words right? Tait and Liz came in April, right during the first week of our 1st summer semester. We have got behind these last couple months with blogging! But we enjoyed having visitors come see us so much we decided to give them their very own post to thank them, and to entice anyone else that's considering! We are pretty good hosts if I do say so myself.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. So I know I read this a long time ago, but for some reason i couldn't comment from my phone...now that our computer is up and running again, life is much easier! Love this pics! You need to email me all of these too!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.