1 Month

/
3 Comments
Hello to all from Hong Kong! We have finally arrived. It only took me and Mav an extra six months more than planned ;). 
Just after Maverick turned three weeks old (as in the next day) we packed up and headed to McKinney, Texas for a week long visit with Scott's family. It was a great week, Scott got to see them this summer right as I got my feeding tube, but I hadn't seen most of them for since the summer of 2012. We played board games, hung out with Satch (the best dog in the entire world), went to the Dallas Zoo, had great barbecue, went to Caroline's 5th birthday party (Kitty Kat themed), and had lots of quality family time. On Sunday February 16, 2014 we blessed Maverick in church. Scott, his father Dave, brother in law Matt, and several family friends were the priesthood presence. It was a beautiful blessing. A very happy day. 
Our little ray of sunshine has grown so so much already, it kind of breaks my heart a little. We measured him with a measuring tape last night and he is already 22 inches- 3 inches longer than when he was born! I'm not sure how much he weighs currently, but he feels much heavier. The New Born pair of sleep-and-play jammies that were the only things that fit him when he was born are barely long enough now. Also, he is getting nice and chubby. He was a total bean pole before, and just five days ago me and Scott both noticed at the same time that he was getting rolls on his thighs. And then the next day they were on his wrist. And then his neck. It is amazing and I adore it. I am constantly kissing his little squishy baby cheeks, it's my favorite because you can press your lips in for ages and still be going into baby fat. 
He started going through a growth spurt about a week ago, and then we completely flipped his time zone, so this little guy is only sleeping 3 hour stretches at night, despite all my Babywise and Happiest Baby on the Block efforts. But on the upside, he is starting (BARELY) to try and figure out that his head should move towards whatever he wants (food, and binkie primarily). So he tries to lunge his head towards them, resulting in him tipping and rolling himself part way. Although he only ends up going the right direction about 15% of the time. And his tiny baby sighs and grunts are just as prevalent. He's still got a pirate eye when he is tired, or an eye roll, and he still tries to give me the stink eye when I am burping him. Which he resists to no end. 
All in all, being a mom is the GREATEST. I love my little man more than anything. Him and Scottie. 
Anyways, enough with the gushing. Hopefully my next post will have lots of pictures of us in HK, including some of a new apartment! The apartment is yet to be picked, but will be very soon. For now you can enjoy some photos of our cute family. 

Scottie and Maverick after the blessing. Maverick's blessing outfit was an adorable cable knit onesie. 





Here is Reesie-Roo dressed up as a cat at Caroline's birthday party.

A hilarious game of 'lick the whipped cream out of the cat bowl'.


Emily King throws the most amazing birthday parties! Seriously. 

Mimi and Maverick.

Satch, Gramps, Maverick, and Mimi. I love this picture. 


Here is Maverick yesterday (February 24, 2014) showing off his new fat rolls. 



All dressed up with no-where to go. Just my little doll.

Comparison in size, next to Lola's Bitty Baby doll. 

AND, here are just a few of the precious new born lifestyle photos we got taken by Tracy Layne photography. I am in love. They are treasures. 















You may also like

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh! Great post. Thanks for keeping us updated, So good to see y'all again through photos! Keep sharing the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I am still so sad you guys are gone...Keep up the blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.