Our story...

/
1 Comments
Scott and I met in August of 2010 in the Sunday School of our ward (BYU 45th). I was sitting in front of him and his friends, and we were all laughing and talking. I specifically remember that one of his friends rubbed his foot on my dress and I told him not to "rub his sock on me." Scott thought I was pretty cute, I but was more interested in his friends. So that evening us three went to Denny's for a midnight food run along with some of my friends. I ended up sitting next to Scott (even though I was more interested in his friend). The whole night my friends were texting me telling me that Scott was way more funny and interesting than the other boy. But I just wasn't feeling it.
The next day Scott asked me to go on a group date with him to a bonfire in Provo Canyon. The whole group dynamics of the date were just kind of awkward. I still was interested in in Scott's friend and I spent more of the time talking to him, and Scott talked more with his friends date. Needless to say, neither of us felt there would be a second date, or even better, a life together. I didn't talk to Scott for a few weeks except I would see him throwing the football around.
A few weeks after the date, I saw enough of Scott around other people that I knew he was a nice enough guy and wanted to be be friends. I invited him over to help me with my Spanish homework, and attempted to sort of snuggle with him, but he wasn't having it. After Scott coming over for a few tutoring/flirting sessions, I got a text. When I opened up my phone to read it Scott put his hand out asking for the phone. I put my hand into his thinking he had finally gotten the hints. He responded by saying "I wanted your phone". He was uncomfortable, but I could tell that he was happy to know he had a second chance. A few nights later we had our first kiss.. in front of Del Taco late one night.
We kept hanging out, and became best friends, with benefits ;). At the end of September he told me he wasn't going to date anyone exclusively because he had just been accepted to BYU-Idaho for the Winter semester. I wasn't happy with that, and kind of...avoided him for a few weeks.
In mid October we picked our friendship up where we left off (for Halloween he was Brink- from the Disney Channel original classic, and I was a half of a Best Friends Forever heart). In November his parents came up from Texas for Thanksgiving and I met them and his brother and sister-in law (Brent and Janeese)- they were amazing, and we all got along so comfortably and we laughed alot- I think this is what convinced him to finally fall in love with me! The next day he decided he was going to stay in Provo and transfer to LDS-BC instead. We were 'officially' dating about a week later, and about two weeks later, the night before my birthday we decided we were getting married!!!!!!!!!!!
The proposal story coming soon. ..


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. I got your invitation today and am now stalking your blog! What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.